HOPE is much more than a positive attitude dusted over our plans for the day or the year 2021. It is better represented by the seemingly delicate pansies we plant in the fall that not only endure the harshness of winter, they bloom! Coming from our relationship with Jesus Christ, HOPE IS AN INNER KNOWING THAT WILL SURVIVE THE SETBACKS OF THIS LIFE.
- Now may the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a HOPE. Jeremiah 29:11
HOPE IS EMBODIED IN A PERSON so trustworthy, we can know that if He seems late we are impatient.
- This HOPE we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. I Peter 1:3-5
HOPE IS NOT GIVING UP. Perseverance can be achieved with pure stubbornness and even meanness, but HOPE perseveres without allowing current difficulties to dominate one’s focus or attitude.
- Now HOPE does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5
- Haven’t you known, haven’t you heard that the everlasting God, Adonai, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not grow tired or weary? His understanding cannot be fathomed. He invigorates the exhausted, he gives strength to the powerless. Young men may grow tired and weary, even the fittest may stumble and fall; but those who HOPE in ADONAI will renew their strength, they will soar aloft as with eagles’ wings; when they are running they won’t grow weary, when they are walking they won’t get tired. CJB Isaiah 40:28-31
Because we anticipate an eternity with Jesus Christ, HERITAGE OF HOPE encourages exit strategies that will honor God and bless our people at the end of this life. Similarly, let’s cultivate attitudes in this life that reflect the HOPE of our faith in Jesus Christ not the fear of this world.
PRAYER: Father, may we experience a resurgence of HOPE in our Lord Jesus Christ and the eternal life He’s given us, a renewed FAITH in the love of the Father and His plans for us in this life, and a Holy-Spirit empowered LOVE that nullifies all fear. May we persevere in the renewed strength Isaiah describes so beautifully as we wait upon Him. I pray this in the powerful, life-changing name of Jesus Christ. Amen